Saturday 20 September 2008

Making It To A Quater Of A Century (25 Years Old)

So on the 18th September 2008, I reached 25 years old. I mean I know many have done it in the past - but I consider it a complete achievement to reach this impressive figure. I feel over those years, I have matured into a well rounded and proficient member of society. I mean, just look at this bungy photo of me and Darren jumping off a 47m high ledge, into a river, with party hats on. My hat actually completely disappeared during this jump although I did have the string attached to my ear. You can see the hat falling off in the DVD and it also makes it into one of the other photos, as it falls off my head. The whole thing was completely ridiculous.

In fact my whole birthday week has been following that sort of nature. On the 17th September, Darren, myself and three girls we had met (Kat, Becka and Ellen) went out for more than a few drinks - which ended up with shots of sambuca that were (of course) set on fire before consumption. Then on my birthday, after getting presents from all the wonderful family back home (thank you all), a present from Darren and a birthday cake, candles and card left by the three girls (so kind), we returned to the bars where we met some Kiwi's for a few drinks and also a guy called John who I had met in Noosa, Brisbane and Byron Bay during my time in Australia, which was cool. It's now the weekend - and officially it's my birthday night out tonight - my only aim is to remain alive and the rest will be as it is.

So I suppose the accomplishment of hitting 25 means nothing really. While I have reached a quater of a century in bodily years, my mental state is probably somewhere around the quater of a decade level - which is where it has been since I was a quater of a decade old. Still I wouldn't have it any other way, we all live for fun and thats exactly what I have been having............long may it continue.

No comments: