Sunday 20 July 2008

Meeting The Family - Maroochydore And Caloundra

I left Noosa for a very short ride down to Maroochydore, right in the heart of the Sunshine Coast. Here I was meeting some relatives, Susie and Ken. I only spent one night with them but it was a great chance to catch up and see the beautiful place that they live in.

Between Maroochydore and Caloundra (two small, quiet towns) lies the suburban region where Susie and Ken have made their home. It's a great stretch of land and only a few minutes drive to some stunning beaches of which we visited a few. Unfortunately the Sunshine Coast lacked the sunshine that day but it didn't really matter - the beach wasn't the reason I was there.

I had a lovely time talking about the family, the travelling and a string of other topics, and I would like to thank them for their perfect hospitality and a great time all round. After a day and a night I made my way south to Australia's third largest city.............

No comments: