Friday 4 April 2008

Nha Trang

After another night bus I arrive in Nha Trang. The town is geared towards it's beach. While I don't think the beach here compares to those in Southern Thailand, I hadn't yet reached the shore and wanted to see - the sea!!!

In the few days that I spent here, I ventured up to the giant seated buddah, situated on top of a hill where you can get the best views of the city. Apart from that my time here was spent literally on the beach.

I did however, take a boat trip around some of the islands of the coastline. It consisted of some great snorkelling (seeing not that many fish but a lot of coral), visiting an aquarium (to see sharks and huge turtles), and being entertained by a band on the boat while you sit in a rubber ring in the sea and drink cheap (but free) red wine from the floating bar.

My time in Nha Trang ultimately ended up being a few days of relaxing, drinking and seriously burning!!! I finally ventured to my last stop in Vietnam - Ho Chi Minh City.

No comments: