Saturday 5 April 2008

Sihanoukville

My team and I arrived in Sihanoukville - Cambodia's premier beach destination in the south-west of Cambodia. The few days that we spent here mainly involved lying on the beach and doing very little.

There are a number of beaches in Sihanoukville - we stayed mainly on Serendipity and Occheuteal beach. In the day they are paradise, with bars lining the shore offering pool table's, your usual alcoholic beverages and a variety of happy shakes which are strong enough to get you stoned for two days straight!!!

Our evening meals were spent on a big table surrounded by giant cushions situated as close to the sea water as you could get, where we were served amazing BBQ food - jealous yet!!! When your there however, you will at some point get swamped by local kids wanting to play. They ask you where you come from and as soon as you tell them they recite its Capital City, it's population and some other random facts about England that not even I knew. They can do any country and can even tell you the Capital Cities of the states of America. They then move onto games, like playing paper, scissors, stone or thumb wars with you and if you lose - which you always do - you have to buy a bracelet off them. You can barely see my arms at the moment. The kids are good fun though and that goes for the whole of Cambodia.

At night Sihanoukville becomes a party hotspot. Bob Marley comes out and the drinks start flowing. The night that we arrived just happened to be "dress up as women night" and while I didn't strat off in womens clothes I ended up in them. Unfortunately I didn't take out my camera that night (seriously) but the others took many and said they would get them to me at some point - so look out for those. I also met Steven - a Norweigan guy that I had met in Vang Vieng (Laos) - it's weird who you bump into at the most unexpected times - like dressed as a women!!!

We finally moved on to Siem Reap and the Temples of Angkor.

No comments: