Friday 5 December 2008

Taupo - Just For The Weekend

Darren's Birthday was looming and I knew I had to and wanted to take a road trip to Taupo for his birthday weekend. I kept it completely secret that I was going down to see him and I still can't believe (he's a clueless man sometimes) that he thought I wasn't going down to Taupo to celebrate with him. The reason was because he had been given time off work the following weekend and so he was going to come up to Auckland with a few people from the hostel and celebrate with us then. We were always going down though.

Myself, Harriet and Jacqueline (a lovely American girl who lives just north of Auckland and who is now going out with Darren, all departed together on the Friday night. Jacqueline has a car, so drove us all down and we arrived to a very shocked Darren.

The whole weekend was great. There were loads of us out on his birthday night, including everyone from the Go Global Hostel (it was weird being back there and seeing everyone again), a group of Canadians that we dragged along and some people who I had met in Auckland and told them to meet us in the hostel if they happened to be in Taupo that weekend - they were.

I bought Darren a football for his birthday to keep him amused and after a messy two days and nights, we left him back in Taupo and headed on home. However - I would see him in a week - he was still coming to Auckland the following weekend and the party would surely continue there......

No comments: