Wednesday 7 May 2008

Koh Lanta

The boat straight over from Phi Phi to koh Lanta was easy and for once, quick. The island is far bigger than it's nearby neighbour but has far less foreigners and a Koh Chang feel to it. Chilled out beach bars and secluded beaches dominate here.

My little beach shack that I stayed in for three nights was also similar to that at Koh Chang, yet it actually had a fully protective mosqito net. The questhouse also had a pool - but when you have a clear blue sea at your doorstep, thats all I need.

Peter and I hired a motorbike for two days, exploring the island, which is stunning. The roads generally lead no-where and quite worryingly - especially those signed "tsunami evacuation route" - they take their time in Asia. At the very southern tip of the island is Koh Lanta National Park, where we photographed a lot of monkey's and some giant lizards. We also began to climb the jungle trail but unfortunately had to turn back when Peter got bitten by a gigantic termite. Those things can bite - blood everywhere. Ok, so its a large ant - but it looked painful.

After a few relaxing days, I booked my onward ticket to my final location in Thailand.....Koh Lipe.

No comments: